19 August 2006

Thinking is required

Life doesn't have to be a struggle. Some say we choose life to be a struggle or we choose to go with the flow. I don't see the choices that cut and dry. This, to some, makes me irresponsible, naive, stubborn - unyielding - weak, or even unrealistic. Everyone has a right to their opinion. If they choose to share this opinion, that is a right too. I have a right to ask that they stop speaking their opinion if I am offended or believe I cannot responsibly reply. This is my right.

Back to the struggle thing...

With decisions that have been made in my life, without my input, I have been struggling. I don't let many people know about my struggles. There are several reasons for this, which I will not detail here. I will say that it pains me that people whose perspective I would like to have on my struggles, I cannot request such - due to their personality and perception of me.

To clean my soul and get out of "struggle mode", I've decided to take a break from blogging - this includes not only a break from posting, but, from reading. I will also be taking a break from reading books and magazines...and perhaps even the newspaper. I will not be watching CNN or HNN or Fox News or C-SPAN.

To rejuvenate myself, I've decided to re-listen to my music collection - as well as selections from Bridgettes library. I will also spend time organizing my living spaces. I have pulled out my Wicca books and my journals to reconnect with my spirituality. I will still watch my afternoon soap and will rent more movies I've been wanting to see.

I wish everyone who reads (and even those who don't) Peace.

4 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Hope everything's ok. Am thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I hope you will come back and blog soon. I just started reading your blog and enjoy your post..Take care..Listen to your heart and feel the peace of the Goddess..

Autumn

Pamela said...

I am going to miss you but when it comes right down to it I can understand that need. Blessed Be

Loralee Choate said...

I'm here. I love and adore you. It is sad that people can't just love us for who we really are. HUG