03 August 2006

Reading and Templates

I decided to re-re-read Poe's "Ligeia" again. When I read Poe I end up in some sort of trance. No one else's writing has affected me that way before or since.

I was 10-years old when my father (of all people) gave me my first Poe book. I still have the book. I read, with fascination, "The Raven" "The Pit and the Pendulum" and "Ligeia". I didn't really "get it" at the time, but it was the first time I was truly engaged in what I was reading. Hawthorne, Twain, Hemmingway...these didn't engage me (Hemmingway still doesn't).

I haven't read all of Poe's work, but nearly all. Each time I read, I find new meaning and new understanding of the work and of the man himself. If wishes were fishes, I'd wish for a book or two about his life. As well, I'd wish to become a Professor specializing in his works. Until then, I'll read all those poems and stories I haven't read, then start all over again.

On to templates...

I received help from Ms. Looney Tunes - thank you, L. I still have the problem of some text being nearly the same color as the background. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to fix that! So, I apologize for the difficulty in reading and any subsequent eye damage. Just don't send me the bill!

No comments: