06 August 2006

Ever have the need....

Lately, I haven't written much...creatively, that is.

I've been keeping a typed journal (of sorts), I've been writing bits in my auto-bio, but I haven't been creative.

I think I've been too wrapped up in all the stuff going on in my life. It isn't necessarily bad stuff, it is just stuff-stuff. I haven't given myself permission to just sit and find inspiration.

I envy people who have the ability to just write. I need to have some sort of mood come over me or into me; I need the right type of surroundings; I need to be comfortable. I wonder how others manage to write without these things - who can sit in a hard classroom chair in a stark white room with glaring lights and be inspired.

I had hoped that reading Poe and some other "fluff" would help. It hasn't.
I had hoped that the gorgeous weather would help. It hasn't.

I know it is inside of me and I just need to bring it out. Have you ever had the need to be creative and it just wouldn't come out of you?

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

I think one reason I don't have a big deal doing it is because I talk a LOT and I just see writing as an extention of that. But, I am also not "Creatively" writing. The times that I have tried that, MAN, oh MAN...I am having sympathy with you. :)