29 August 2006

So, I'm Snow White

Well, if I were one of the Dwarves, I'd be singing "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go". Not having a job, I'm not singing the song!

This post covers #12 and #13 of what Ligeia did do.


I have applied for every job that I'm qualified and/or able to do within a 35 mile radius of my Home. I scoured the Internet job sites, local employment office, and local "news" paper each day. Living in a smaller town, there aren't many jobs available to the general public. So, I sent out only 12 resumes in a 2 week period. I've had 3 rejection letters (one company sent me a letter stating they "appreciated my interest" but had picked a "candidate with more relevant experience" - they re-posted the job in the paper the next day!).

I had one interview last week. It is for a job I am (over) qualified for and will have no problems performing. The woman who interviewed me was very matter-of-fact during the interview. She was also quite curt with me - not rude, just, cold. At the end of the interview, she left me with the impression that I wouldn't be getting a call back. Well, I did get a call for a second interview, via phone. I'm not sure I want this job. But, I've been told, I can't be picky.

Sure, not much work in our podunk town and this has been my only interview. I'm just not very good at working in a place where I'm not using my skills, have little responsibility, and people who don't respect someone with personality*.

Yes, yes, I know - buck up!


2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

I wasn't going to tell you to buck up. I was going to get another spoon and let you share my carton of frosting with me today.

:D

Ligeia said...

Ha! Perhaps we can open another today? You are too good to me! I'll explain why in today's first post.