30 August 2006

Speaking of work...

One of the very part-time jobs I had this summer has ended. The good thing about the job - I got to work from home (mostly). The bad part - all kinds of responsibilities but very little money. I was "up for renewal" this week and the employer decided that today is my last day, but I can re-apply with the other candidates. This just seems odd to me. Or is it just me?

It isn't a job I'd pick to do, nor is it something I particularly enjoy. The modified list of responsibilities and the pay rate don't match. Well, that's a mild statement. The amount of work that needs to be done - about 30 hours a week - at the annual pay works out to $0.50 per hour. Yep, a whopping 2-quarters for every hour of work.

Yes, I have no other income. Yes, money is money. Yes, I need to work. Yes, I should go apply at BK.

Oh, Loralee, where's the bucket of frosting?

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

I think we both need a big fucking tub of it.

DAMN.