22 August 2006

It's time to write how it feels

The Stepford

Qualifications:
Do not be yourself
Play the provided games to get along
Allow everyone to speak her mind
Sit and take it
Say nothing
You will offend if you speak
You will offend if you do not speak
You must stay through it all
Do not move
Do not be seen as rude and uncaring

Men may speak their minds, be blunt, they are considered "men", honest
and forthright

Women may not speak their minds, say what they feel, no holds-barred
else they are bitches or controlling or rude

If you cannot speak your mind, truly, and give explanations, how can you
communicate and have an honest relationship

One-sided discussions
Consideration for feelings non-existent

I mourn the loss of a wonderful person
I will miss the laughter, the witty retorts, the interesting insights, the fun,
the lightness, the ability to see both sides, the ability to say what needs
to be said, the courage, the strength, the desire to get up in the morning,
the joy in everyday things
All these things were growing, completing the person
Now, these things will not shine again

Hardening, lifeless, colorless, hiding again

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Blessed Be

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I don't know any of the details, but it sounds like something very upsetting is happening. Hugs...

Mark said...

I'm just back from China and checking in on the blogs I care about. Sounds like something is very wrong. I'm sorry. Please take care of yourself.

Regarding this last post: I recommend bitchery. Bitchery can be as cleansing as a high colonic,but without the smell. Bitchery has the satisfaction of an odorless enema. Wallow in the pleasure of bitchery.

Peabody

Ligeia said...

Peabody, Thank you for making me one of your "things to do when I return". Thank you also for your caringness (I know that's not a real word, but this is my blog :)

I like Bitchery - similar to Witchery - works great!