28 August 2006

Returning with a Long Post

Yes, this will be a long post. For those of you with ADD, scroll to the bottom for a recap. For those of you who like to read long, disjointed, multi-comma posts, keep reading.

Even though I posted a few times last week, I was mentally away. I've debated whether to list the things I did do or the things I didn't do last week. I'm not sure which one tells more about me. So, I'll post both.

What Ligeia Didn't Do

  1. Watch "news" television
  2. Read on-line news
  3. Read every blog on my reading list
  4. Eat too much
  5. Read any of my books or magazines
  6. Read the "news" part of the fish wrapper, er, newspaper
  7. Take photos
  8. Sleep too much
What Ligeia Did Do
  1. Realized I need more organization/focus in my life
  2. Figured out (again) that HNN is not a real "news" program
  3. Read more on Wicca / Pagan "stuff"
  4. Commented on some of the blogs I read
  5. Changed the way I eat - for the better
  6. Cleaned my email accounts (I have 5)
  7. Read the comics and Dear Abby everyday
  8. Got up earlier and went to bed later
  9. Rented and watched movies
  10. Watched only 2 hours of TV a day
  11. Re thought what I want to post on this blog
  12. Applied for jobs
  13. Interviewed for a job
  14. Re thought what I want to do with the stuff in my house
  15. Sold items on ebay
Now that it is all out, it looks like I did more than I didn't. Don't quite know how I feel about that.

Right now, I'm going to concentrate on #10 of what I did do - what I'm going to post on this blog.

Initially, I started a blog to write about those things that inspired, interested, aggravated, or empowered me in my home, school, spiritual, and work life. I did it anonymously so that people would not have a bias or feel the need to choose sides. Now, with school on extended hold and no employment, I'm 'left' with home and spiritual (yes, I realize, these subjects are all intertwined...let's not get that psychological about the thing!)

I think the best way to accomplish posting about home and spiritual is to post - for as long as it takes - is to go through the lists. No, I won't have one post each day for each line item - I'd even get bored with that! Instead, I'll take them in chuncks. I'm going to figure out how to put my lists to the sidebar and how to cross them off when accomplished.

I very much hope that all my thousands of readers (joke :) will accompany me on my journey. Your comments and prayers - of all kinds - are most appreciated and welcomed.

Peace.

Oh, for the ADD crowd, a bullet synopsis:
  • Disclaimer on long post
  • List of what Ligeia didn't do
  • List of what Ligeia did do
  • What Ligeia is going to post on her blog
  • A Thank you

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

I thought your lists are very well thought out and a great accomplishment. I like the "Blog Plan".

Things I need to do:
Answer the email (I have so much to say I'm having pocessing issues)

Love you.