31 August 2006

The Didn't List #4 & #8


What Ligeia didn't do was eat too much or sleep too much.


I completely changed the way I eat. To do this, I had to go see a Dietician; I knew what I was doing wasn't the best way, and needed professional help to change it. Now, I eat without feeling guilty and I eat "better". I had been afraid of fruit and carbs for much too long. Now that I know how much fruit to eat and how it helps my body and the difference between "good" and "bad" carbs, I'm doing a lot better.

For the last 2 weeks (going on 3) I've been getting up by 6am and going to bed no earlier than 10pm. I've always been a 10-hour-a-night sleeper. If I didn't get enough rest, I was napping during the day. This was really difficult when I was working and my daughter was a baby and my (then) husband was on the road 21 days a month. Anyway, I find if I get myself out of bed and don't get stuck in front of the TV with (now) husband, I sleep better and I don't need a nap in the middle of the day.

This week has been an exception the the above rule - I've been up from 6am to 10pm, but I haven't been sleeping. If you want to know why, email me.

So, I can now cross 2 more things off my list!

Oh, and as for the job that I got fired from yesterday, if things work out within the next week, I may be able to tell them, politely, to go fly a kite!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Hi Ligeia. I saw your comment on Mark's blog so I thought I'd come over here and "introduce" myself. I stopped by your blog the other day and enjoyed what I read.

It's nice to "meet" you! :)
j.