01 August 2006

Decisions

So, I need to find a job. Not so simple where I currently live. I may have the opportunity to continue a part-time-contract job I took earlier this year. The catch - it only pays $1.50 an hour. Well, OK, so, that is based on 40-hours a week. According to the Employer, it shouldn't be a 40-hour a week job. Hmmm...I've worked a few jobs in my lifetime and, gosh, the list of "things to do" and the idea that this position would be responsible for the actions of Employer, $1.50 an hour just ain't enough. But, considering I have to find some kind of work, should I put up with the sh*t and take a job that will pay $250 a month? If I make the commission Employer says I will, that would go up and average $330 a month.

Comments? Suggestions? Rope?

3 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

It doesn't sound like the aggrevation will be worth it, but that is up to you.

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Yikes. That's not much money, for what sounds like not a great job. Keep looking?

Ligeia said...

Loralee & Hussy, Thank you both. I am still looking, just isn't much. I'm also not the type to take a job (or start something) and then bail out; I like to do the follow-thru thing.