07 September 2006

No Apologies

I’m off the list again. I’ve just got something boiling in me to get out.

I think one of the reasons I stopped watching/listening to the news (or pseudo-news) was my fed-up-ness with intolerant people – especially the ones that claim to be “good Christians” or believe in the First Amendment only if you agree with them.

One of the things that sent me over the edge was the attack by the female human in my daughter’s life. It was nothing new and it was expected. I have not defended myself to this person in over a year – for that, I am proud. But I’m angry – no, pissed – that she is spreading lies and teaching my daughter to be such a hypocrite.

No, I’m not perfect, but I would not spew venom about someone else to make myself feel better and to win approval of my spouse. I also do not teach my child to lie, cheat or to be nasty toward people. Unfortunately, my daughter has learned all of these things, and uses them.

And, still, I’m the Devil Mother.

No comments: