01 February 2007

Imbolc / Candelmas

Here is what I plan to do tomorrow. You are more than welcome to "steal" it :)

Tools:
  • purple candle in holder
  • white candle in holder
  • bowl of snow or chipped ice
  • matches
Ritual:
  • Cast circle
  • Place bowl between candles
  • Light candles
  • Welcome Goddess and God
  • Meditate on all harm and bad habits you wish to banish
  • Meditate on all healing and good you want to bring into your life
You may use any variation of the following speech:
I welcome to earth the increasing light
The lengthening day and shortening night
I celebrate the Goddess fresh and young
I celebrate the God the growing Sun
The land shall soon begin to arise
Sleeping life will open its eyes
I offer my thanks as I light this flame
As the Wheel brings forth life again
With thanks to the Goddess the Lord awakes
Thanks to the Goddess and all she creates
  • Continue to meditate until the snow has melted.
  • Pour the snow down the drain, remembering you are purging the harm and bad habits.
  • If you have not broken the circle to pour the water, do so now.
Remember, this is the Sabbat to re-welcome light, to begin new and better ways.

Peace

2 comments:

Patty said...

Very nice..I found a small ritual I plan on posting tomorrow on my blog.

Ligeia said...

Thank you :) I will stop by and see yours :)