10 February 2007

Kind of Spiritual

Recent events in my Daughter's life have put me in the "get it done now" mode. Of course, there is still the "I've got to wait for other people" part of the whole thing. And, let's not forget the "You haven't been around so you have no rights" thing happening*.

*Note: For those of you who have been following the story, yes, this comes as yet the next installment of the wife's contradictions. If you want more on this, just ask.

I've asked for spiritual guidance. I haven't done it officially - with ritual and all - I just can't get myself quiet enough to do so. The quieter it is, the more I succumb to the fear - fear of failure, fear of loss, fear of being alone; mostly, fear of what worse could happen to my Child.

I have been spending more time at Beliefnet. I still visit other Pagan & Wiccan sites, but, at Beliefnet, I can find other ways of looking and thinking about the situation - mostly from the non-fundamentalist faiths.

The following prayer is from the Pagan section in Strength & Courage. As the tag line says, it is appropriate for any faith

Make me strong in spirit,
Courageous in action,
Gentle of heart,

Let me act in wisdom,
Conquer my fear and doubt,
Discover my own hidden gifts,

Meet others with compassion,
Be a source of healing energies,
And face each day with hope and joy.

- Abby Willowroot


Peace

No comments: