26 May 2007

Making sense of Dreams

I've had a lot of dreams lately - A LOT. They are short dreams, and, I wake after each one. I'm not remembering them, which is driving me bonkers (well, OK, it is making me more bonkers than usual :)

I finally remembered a dream, the one from last night. I'm not going to share it, as it would mean absolutely nothing to you. I will share, though, highlights from a dream I had a few weeks ago when it was made semi-official that my Daughter would be moving in.

I asked Daughter if she wanted a particular food. She laughingly said, "Oh Mom, you don't know me very well, do you?" Then Patrick (my spouse) and my ex were laughing and having a good time and said, "You don't know her very well, do you?" Finally, Patrick and my ex's wife were talking and laughing and Patrick said, "I think they know her better than you." I ran out of the room, into Daughter's room and it was full of baby clothes. I woke screaming.

The next morning, I got it. I was/am afraid - afraid of being a bad Mom. I thanked the Goddess for boosting my courage to confront this. I also thanked her for the strength I found in myself to say, "Eh, I will be a good Mom."

Now, with only a few days left, I'm asking the God to keep reminding me why I need to get my house in shape for her arrival!

Peace.

2 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I am sure you ARE a great mom. And I haven't had time to email lately and say how happy I am for you!

Anonymous said...

I am dreaming a lot more than usual as well ... and also not remembering much of anything. I am finding it incredibly frustrating.

I compare it to getting a phone call that you know is important but the phone is mostly static and you cant make out the message.

I am so happy for you that your daughter is coming home!!!

Mama Kelly