23 May 2007

Days of Birth

Cake Courtesy of Here

At the risk of revealing my true identity (I feel like Batman :), I would like to announce that the anniversary of my birth occurs at the end of this week.


When I was a child, I was always thrilled when the Date would fall on the Friday before (US) Memorial Day - I was convinced this was a 3-Day Week-end just for me. Of course, as I got older, I still wanted that 3-Day Week-end, but, was disappointed that it wasn't just for me. Selfish? Of course!

I went through many years of not wanting to celebrate my birthday.

I love presents - at any time - and cake - who doesn't?! Looking back, I realize it was the person I was with that attributed to this - he would either forget the Date or decide to celebrate at a different time because he was busy. But, the biggest factor was that I did not feel worthy - of living another year.


Finding my Center, trusting myself, asking for help - from people, animals - and learning about the Goddess and God - trusting them - gave me the strength to continue and to look forward to the Date.

I will admit, I am disappointed when cards do not include money, when I hear, "Oh, was it? Gee", or "No one makes that cake anymore", and especially when there are no gifts under the Birthday tree. Selfish? Yep, still am.

This year, I got early Gifts, a card with a bookmark, and the Right Cake! The best gift this year, will be my Daughter moving into our home. This happens in less than a week. The excitement is mounting on our side. Having my Daughter as a late Anniversary of Birth present is the only present I will ever need.


Peace.

p.s. You can be sure, next year, I will want the cards, gifts, cake and money :)

2 comments:

Willow said...

Haha! Love this post. Very honest and open. Happy Birthday! -sends virtual money in a virtual card with a virtual hug to boot-
I'm actually still really excited for you. I recognise the question of not feeling worthy of life... Even though I'm only 16.
I've got a few days off and am trying to find my Center and learning to trust myself again, before my last exams. Any tips or words of advice would be very welcome.
Anyway, happy birthday and i'm still sending energy for you and your daughter.
In Love And Light,
Willow Myrina.

Ligeia said...

Willow, Much appreciated!