29 December 2006

The bane of Americans is overwork--and the ruin of any work is a divided interest. Concentrate-concentrate. One thing at a time.

As far as I know it is not my "fault" that I suffer from migraines. The medicine I take either puts me out for 2 hours (shot) or upsets my stomach (pill). Yesterday, I had another headache. I had one 2 weeks ago - it was around for 2 days. I then had one start on Sunday; yesterday, it was very bad.

I couldn't take my medicine right away - Husband decided it was more important to go pick up the car that was in the repair shop than for me to get over my headache. When we returned, I took my medicine; which meant that I'd have to sleep for 1 hour then have a 1 hour recovery time. Apparently my saying, "I am closing the door and no animals are to come into the room" was not clear enough. After 20 minutes of animal chasing, I closed and locked the door.

During the second hour, Daughter and I watched some television. This gave me time to eat crackers and drink Coke (non diet). Husband did not understand why I had to be "out of commission"; I told him I'd be more than happy to be up and around, dizzy and throwing up if he liked. He was not amused.

As far as I know it is not my "fault" that our money situation has gone down hill, again. I kept to my self-imposed spending limit on gifts; I put nearly all my earnings into savings. Oh, wait - the car "broke" and my step-son moved - that's where it went. (Sorry, had to bitch.) I don't see how this gives you (husband) the right to bark and show no mercy. (OK, that was a bit dramatic; but that is how I'm feeling at the moment.)

I had no clue that husband thought he was not going to work today so that we could all do something "family". Being out for a day meant nothing got done around here; and with people coming tomorrow, I have a lot to do. Comments like, "If I had known we weren't doing anything, I could have gone to work," just aren't helpful. If you want to go to work, then go; wtf do I care at this point.

These mixed messages are becoming unbearable. I'm all for compromise, but this is just $h1tty and tiresome.

And, for those of you following the story, Husband has once again decided that "we" cannot afford to get a lawyer to bring Daughter here. Apparently, he has forgotten who I am...

2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

He's also forgotten marraige is supposed to be a partnership. You paid for his son to move. HE needs to help you get that girl back with you. It is the only decent thing to do and he should know that.

He is being a selfish stupid-head.

Ligeia said...

I will use that term stupid-head the next time we have a conversation.\

Thank you, L. :)