05 December 2006

Of Comments and Beta and Yule and Other stuff

Follow the bouncing ball...

  • I've been submitting comments to someone's blog and the comments are not appearing. I am hoping it is because the comments are not making it thru to the person, and not that the person has decided that my comments are not worth approving.
  • I'm considering moving to Beta, just so I can have categories. Opinions?
  • Due to some unexpected huge expense, I will be unable to create my primo Yule decoration. I wanted to make it last year, too, and no money for it then, either. Perhaps this is a pattern/sign? Maybe I'll just create an animation and put it on my blog.
  • Had a conversation with my Daughter's father and his wife last week. The conversations were "pleasant". Considering the history, I'm concerned this is the Dr. Jeckyll part of the latest encounter. Mr. Hyde always shows up. Shame, really.
  • In reference to my first bullet, I thought about asking said person whether or not person was receiving my comments. However, I'm not sure I'd be ready for, "Yes, but, decided not to publish them because...(a) you are lame (b) you are stalking me (3) I do not succumb to drivel."
Peace

4 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Oh no! Well, if the blog comments thing is on my blog, I'm just not receiving them... although my comments don't require approval. Maybe the person just hasn't checked their email in a while.

I haven't tried Beta, but I've been annoyed with every blog that has switched.

I totally get the Jekyll and Hyde thing. Let's hope Jekyll sticks around for awhile.

Anonymous said...

I like being able to use the categories area. It doesn't show on the template I have now, but I like to change my page look so I am sure I will find one soon that allows them.

Mark said...

Just to let your readers know, I am the someone whose blog doesn't show your comments. You have nothing to worry about--I'm not rejecting them. I'm not getting them.

That worries me about my e-mail, but you shouldn't be worried about my judgments of your comments.

Ligeia said...

Mark, I am touched that you would post an apology - for something not even your fault - on my blog.
You are a truly remarkable human, Peabody.