26 November 2006

Update...

Wish I could put an audio here of Walter Cronkite saying, "Today in history..."

Cutting Slack: Gave a little. It is stressful when your child is moving and you have a crazy mother.

Not Cutting Slack: However, there was no excuse for taking it out on me. I talked, he said he listened. Of course, he had to do the, "I'm 8 and now won't talk to you for fear of making you mad." He got over that very fast - spending the night in the garage wasn't a pleasant idea for him.

Step-Son: Is moved. It cost us a lot of money we didn't have. His job starts Monday; I'm praying the Goddess will give him direction.

Daughter: She will be here December 26. I'm thrilled - so is she.

Thanksgiving aftermath: All furniture is back where it belongs. Dishes - including roaster and platter - are clean and put away. Later today, decorations will be re-boxed. Time to find Yule deocorations...

Speaking of Yule: Have decided to make it more festive this year. Although our house cannot be seen from the road, I am planning to decorate two or three outside trees. I'm also going to make a "string art" Pentacle to place on the deck. I was inspired by something I saw this summer - I'm going to get a piece of plywood, slather it with polyurethane, place nails in strategic places, and wrap a strand of lights to form a Pentacle. Also need to find Yule Log...

School: I'll be taking 2 classes next semester! I've already ordered my books and plan to pre-read - I'm such a nerd.

Weather: No snow yet. Odd. I'd rather have 30 F and snow than the 30 F and wind.

Readers: Would like to know how you are and any comments.

Peace

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

I am thrilled that you are having your daughter come out. I am also thrilled that you are going back to school. I think that will bring some much needed joy to your life! :D

I am doing pretty darn well...let's cross fingers it continues!