31 March 2008

Thoughts


I've come up with an idea to use in my Auto-Bio. For those of you new to my life - and for those of you who have forgotten - I am (slowly) wititng my autobiography (Auto-Bio).

The first "chapter" I wrote was a self-centered story about a 5 month period in my life. It is not complete, but, the feelings are. I have some re-writing to do on it, but have decided to put that off.

I have another "chapter" sketched. Instead of writing in story form, I'm thinking of writing in free verse. The main reason for this is that this chapter is about a certain person and events about that person. The feelings are still raw and very real. But, the memories are fractured - some memories are mine, some are the product of people telling me the same story over and over, I made it my memory.

I have not decided how to begin or end the Auto-Bio - I'm not a "beginning to end" person. Anyone who knows me well knows that I start in the middle and work out. That's just the way it is; I'm not changing it.

Any thoughts or ideas or admonishments are welcome.

Peace

No comments: