10 April 2007

I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake. ~Rene Descartes

Writing my dreams has been interesting. I'm not sure how helpful, but interesting.

I've asked to dream about more things Spiritual or that will bring me closer to my true Soul. If the dreams of this week are the answer, I'm not sure I want to know myself further.

My most recent dream had me facing 2 fears - my fear of public restrooms and my fear of being alone.

The one about restrooms stems from school days. Starting in 6th grade, each time I'd go to the restroom, I'd get beat up or taunted by the "burn-out" girls. So, I stopped going, unless it was an emergency. I'd wait all day until I got home, which caused a few problems in those 6-years. I've dealt with the fear - so I thought.

The one about being alone has to do with many things: my search for a place to 'belong'; lack of positive attention from my father; moving so much before I was 10; not feeling loved; being easy prey for boys/men.
What I didn't realize was that perhaps I have pushed away men and women who were good friends.

I've got to look up the God and Goddess (or multiples) who help with dreams and working through issues. I also need to learn to ask my Champion Goddess and God for different guidance.

Peace

3 comments:

Patty said...

There are some great books out there on the meanings of dreams. I bought one at barnes and noble..

Ligeia said...

I have 3 dream books actually.
I have to agree with my therapist that the medication I am taking is wreaking havoc with my REM sleep. Some of the dream parts make sense, others, I can't even find in books!
My plan is to take some time and find some more dream information.
Thank you, Autumn :)

Alex said...

Clive Barker made a mint writing selling his dreams.

I always wondered what would happen if he started having really good dreams for a few months on end. Would he have to eat meatball subs with extra jalapenos before bed in order to pay the bills, after a while?

I don't know why I think of these things. I guess I'm just whiling away the time until that Asian stripper with the Mountain Dew gets here.