18 April 2007

Finding Inspiration Hiding in the Open

I am so glad I found this blog. I will admit to reading it lots, but not commenting much. When I read this post, I was inspired and another proverbial light bulb went off. (btw, if anyone can think of a Pagan/Wiccan similar saying to "light bulb going off", I'd love to know it.)

Back to point...

I, too, have been broken many times. Each time, I lose a part of my "old" self and, usually, it is replaced with a new piece. The new isn't always bright and shiny and pretty, but I am again, whole. There are instances when the new piece doesn't fit in the exact spot the old left; this leaves holes, spaces, crevices in need of filling. The filling comes eventually; unfortunately, it is not always with what most people would consider good or perfect stuff. The breaking, replacing, reforming makes me a better person, on the whole.

I know I will never be the same person as I was when I was born, at 12, or any other age - for that matter, a nano-second before just now. When I break and must find the right glue to put me back together, sometimes the pieces get switched, or put in storage for repair, or tossed away. I never want to be the same after a gluing as I was before the break. I would learn nothing, I would not grow, I would not like me, either.

The Goddess and God give me the tools to put myself back together - Themselves, family, friends, animals, chocolate & tea.

I realize that they, too, allow me to fall apart - just as Earth cycles - to make room for growth.

Mostly I realize, it is up to me - with the Free Will blessed to me - to not let myself fall so deep in the whole that I cannot find my way out to find the necessary glue.

Peace

4 comments:

Mama Kelly said...

I am so touched that my post made a lightbulb go off (or maybe we should say a candle alight).

We are each, wherever we ar ein our lives, who we are from the times we have been broken and healed.

May you be blessed!

Mama Kelly

Alex said...

Ooh! Snazzy new blog design.

Loralee Choate said...

DITTO for Alex. It is gorgeous!

I know I have been in a cave. Ironically, it is the breaking and rebuilding thing that you understand SOOOOO well.

The ecard was lovely and so thoughtful. I have my computer back, so I will be in touch more, sweets.

Ligeia said...

Mama, Yes, candle alight! Blessings to you, too.

Alex, I've never been considered snazzy before; ty

L, Wish I could take credit for the design. And, yes, building, rebuilding, re-re-building...I'm here for you!