13 March 2007

What I did on my Summer Vacation

OK, it wasn't Summer and it really wasn't a vacation.
I cannot reveal all that occurred, but I can tell you some.

I did get to see My Daughter. She got taller and more beautiful. She is going through a difficult time and was "thankful" (her word) that I was able to be with her through some of it. I was amazed that the 2 'adults' (using the term lightly) she lives did not speak with her at all about what to expect, what would probably happen, or even ask her how she was feeling through the whole thing. I mean, damn stupid people! Sorry...

On my flight back from seeing her, I 'met' a very nice man who - although said he was happily married - was trying to pick me up. That was a mixed bag of feelings - flattered that someone who wasn't too bad looking would say I had a "pretty face" and "wonderful laugh" - trepidation to not give him the wrong idea or to be stalked by him. It worked out OK. The most interesting thing was his telling me about Metaphysics. Which, I know nothing about, but now, wonder if I shouldn't find a book on it. From what he described, it would help me in my Spiritual quest. I'll let you know.

Another thing that happened - I bought me a lawyer. OK, I didn't really buy him, just gave him a few gagillion to get My Daughter where she belongs - with me! He agreed that I had bad representation the first time around; he also agreed that the ex's wife is not the one who should be having a say in how My Daughter is raised. Oh, and he 'knows' the 'right' people in the legal system down there.

So, all in all, it was a good week. I miss My Daughter and hate that I cannot save her from everything. I will get to see her next week again - so, blog lacking will occur.

I also had some interesting Spiritual 'things' happen. I'll save those for another post.

Peace

4 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

I am so flipping glad for you. SO GLAD.

Flattery when you feel low about yourself can be enormously confusing and flattering. Just enjoy it for what it was. (You ARE very pretty, as I've always said.)

Anonymous said...

Will keep you in my thoughts that your daughter will be with you in near future - it will be worth the gagillion dollars. Lady Rose

Patty said...

I'm glad your back. I missed your post. I would love to hear more

Ligeia said...

Loralee, thank you for the flips :)

Lady Rose, you are so right.

Autumn, thank you. I missed reading you, too.