28 March 2007

Instant Karma?

So, yesterday, I was suppose to go to a "cattle call" for a job at a financial institution. I have been applying for jobs at this place for almost a year now. I have made follow-up calls, only to be told, "If we want to interview you, we will call you."

I didn't go.

I got dressed, printed my resume, drove downtown...I went to the bookstore instead.

Yes, I don't care for the retail job I have now; and, the pay 'sucks a duck'. But, I do have flexibility at the job - as long as I give enough notice, time off isn't a problem.

I just didn't go.

After an hour in the bookstore (I saw many, many lovely books!), I started home. Only 5 miles out and

KA-POP!

My front, left tire went flat.
There is a (now) funny story on that. If you want me to post it, just ask.
Let's just say a nice man stopped and changed my tire for me. He said I was too pretty to get dirty *flirt*
Husband arrived about 5 minutes after nice man left. He just smiled and said, "Of course he helped you - you are gorgeous." Yep, he wants something :)

I'm wondering, did my tire blow out because I didn't go to the cattle call and told husband I did? Or was it just time for the tire to go?

Off to the tire place today. whoo-pee

Peace & thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

Frankly, I think it is awesome you went to the bookstore instead. You needed the break.

AND you ARE gorgeous. Nothing suckin' a duck about THAT. ;)

Ligeia said...

You are my own rah-rah section :) ty