10 February 2008

Even More stuff I won't have time to read

While doing some research on a program I heard this past week, I came across this blog Viva La Feminista. I do not consider myself a feminist; I don't know if anyone would ever put me in that group. I believe in women's rights - I believe in human rights. But, I also want to be the woman who stays home and takes care of the house and children while the man works. In this society of ours, that cannot occur unless the man makes beaucoup bucks - which my loving husband does not. So, I work, and go to school.

Anyway, I like this blog. The author does not strike me as a "strict" feminist or as an angry woman. You may want to check it out.

Peace

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

I think feminism should be about being able to make a choice without being repressed due to sexuality.

In other words, other "Feminists" shouldn't dictate what that entails as far as my life.

I make financial sacrifices to stay home with my kids because I want to. No one makes me. To me that IS feminism.