12 November 2007

How do you know to believe someone?

Over the last 6 years, I've taught myself how to accept and be more tolerant of people. I am in no way perfect; I tolerate most people, but do not care for people who are self-righteous or who believe their beliefs are the only correct ones. I have also learned forgiveness - of myself and others. There are people who truly do make an effort to change how they deal with the world, their lives, and others around them. Some are successful; some are not. Success only counts if they want me to be part of their lives.

There is someone in my life - via Parvarti - who continues to insist "she" has changed and made an effort. That I am the one who is "holding up the progress" because I will not accept an apology or believe her. Unless the Goddess Herself comes to me and tells me to trust this person, I never will. I do not believe she has changed, nor that her "apology" was sincere. I believe her constant pronouncements to the world that she is a changed person and that she is a caring and loving person are proof that (a) she is not sincere and (b) it is all self-serving.

Cynical am I? Yes. It has taken me more than 10 years to even give my own father the benefit of the doubt that he has "changed" for the better. One cannot hurt another so severely to expect immediate forgiveness. At least, not from me.

I've vented. I can continue my day. Thank you for reading.

Peace

1 comment:

Willow said...

I have a vague idea who this might be, and if it is, you have every right to feel as you do..

well no matter how you feel, you're always valid to feel exactly how you are feeling; we all have that right.

I admire your strength in dealing with this and hope things come out well for you in the end.
WHat you say about trust and forgiveness is completely understandable.

I support you.
In Love And Light
Willow Myrina.